The field in this section will populate the column headers of the pivot table.
The field in this section will populate the first column of the pivot table.
This section is for the field you wish to aggregate the pivot table on, as well as the type of aggregation.
The default aggregation is
Sum for numerical values or
Count for all other values.
Join with another dataset
This section allows you to select another table entirely to generate the column names for your table. Select “Join with another dataset” and choose a dataset and column to configure this behavior.
Read about the
Filter section here.
Most of the formatting options for pivot tables are shared with the data table visualization. Read more about these options here. Below are the formatting options specific to pivot tables.
- Display Sum Row: This will create a row at the top of the pivot table aggregating all the values in each column.
- Sum Row Label: This is the label for the sum row, in the first row of the first column of the pivot table.
- Bold Sum Row: This option bolds all of the values in the sum row.
- Sum Row Background Color: This option sets a background color for the sum row. By default, this is white.
- String Format: This section can be used to specify a format for the column headers.
- Remove Underscores: This section can be used to remove underscores from the column headers.
- First Column Name: This section can be used to edit the header of the first column.