Shared Format Tab Options Across Visualizations
The following are shared sections across most visualizations. For a full list of formatting options for a specific chart, navigate to the page for that chart type.
- Title: This is the text that will appear at the top of the chart.
- Tooltip: This tooltip will appear to the right of the title. It can be used to add a description to the chart.
You can choose to enable downloading for all charts, except KPIs. The toggle to the right of this section header is used to control this.
- Download file name: The name of the file that is downloaded can be configured in this section. The default name is the name of the data panel.
This tooltip appears when hovering over a section of a chart, e.g. a bar in a bar chart. The tooltip gives details of the bar at the hover point.
- Show percentage values: This option adds the percentage breakdown of the bar or line for each y axis value at the given x axis value.
- Color Palette: The color palette for a specific chart can be specified with this section here. You can select a palette from the list of pre-populated palettes, as well as edit these palettes or create new palettes from scratch.
This section, if toggled on, will display a button at the top right corner of the chart that links to another url.
- URL: This is the external url that the chart will navigate to. This link must be prefaced with
- Open in New Tab: This toggle will determine if the link that is opened when the button is clicked opens in the same tab or in a new tab.
No Data Configuration
This is the text that will appear in a panel if there is no data returned for a specific chart. This section will allow you to configure what the panel looks like in this state.
- Hide Chart Icon: This toggle can be used to show or hide the chart icon on the empty panel.
- No Data Text: This is the text that will appear on a panel that has no data. The default is “No Data”.
- Text Size: This section will allow you to specify the text size of the No Data Text.